Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver automatic library rescanning
26-11-2013, 16:13
Minimserver automatic library rescanning
Hello,

apologies if this has already been discussed, but as a newbie to Minimserver I was wondering whether there is a possibility to schedule an automatic re-scan of the library (or restart of minimserver) on a fixed daily schedule (i.e. 05.00 in the morning every day)?

If so, how does one configure the setting?
I am running minim on a Synology DS-412+ nas, controlled by Mavericks on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 16:58
RE: Minimserver automatic library rescanning
(26-11-2013 16:13)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  Hello,

apologies if this has already been discussed, but as a newbie to Minimserver I was wondering whether there is a possibility to schedule an automatic re-scan of the library (or restart of minimserver) on a fixed daily schedule (i.e. 05.00 in the morning every day)?

If so, how does one configure the setting?
I am running minim on a Synology DS-412+ nas, controlled by Mavericks on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks in advance

MinimServer doesn't have any way to do this. There might be a way to schedule a daily restart of the MinimServer process using a Linux cron task on the NAS (or something similar). I haven't tried this myself.
26-11-2013, 17:06
Has your Synology a facility for automatic timed switch off and restart? I have my ReadyNAS power down at 2am and restart at 7am. This takes care of any routine rescan that MinimServer might need.

David
26-11-2013, 17:28
(26-11-2013 16:58)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't have any way to do this. There might be a way to schedule a daily restart of the MinimServer process using a Linux cron task on the NAS (or something similar). I haven't tried this myself.

Yes, Synology offers even a GUI for this - task scheduler.
Is there a unix command to restart minim?
something like
/volume1/@appstore/java6/jre/bin/java -jar /volume1/@appstore/MinimServer/lib/minimserver.jar --nohup

but with a restart syntax?
Thanks
26-11-2013, 17:57
(26-11-2013 17:28)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  Yes, Synology offers even a GUI for this - task scheduler.
Is there a unix command to restart minim?
something like
/volume1/@appstore/java6/jre/bin/java -jar /volume1/@appstore/MinimServer/lib/minimserver.jar --nohup

but with a restart syntax?
Thanks

This works for me:

echo restart > /volume1/@tmp/minimstdinpipe
26-11-2013, 18:14
very good, thank you, tried it in a shell, did indeed restat the minimserver..
is it possible to include inode support in the future, so that minim "listens" to file system changes and updates its database immediately, much like Synology's own media server?
or is it too much of a synology specific issue to garner attention?
26-11-2013, 18:46 (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 18:46 by simoncn.)
(26-11-2013 18:14)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  very good, thank you, tried it in a shell, did indeed restat the minimserver..
is it possible to include inode support in the future, so that minim "listens" to file system changes and updates its database immediately, much like Synology's own media server?
or is it too much of a synology specific issue to garner attention?

There is an Auto Restart package (for Synology only) that does inode listening and automatic restarting. See this thread.

I am hoping to add automatic incremental rescanning as a MinimServer feature in a future release.