Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I add to a Playlist from my application?
26-02-2015, 17:34
Can I add to a Playlist from my application?
I have had my own music search and selection system for many years which uses a naming convention for my music files that doesn't work well with any Control Point I have ever come across, but is so powerful that I am not willing to give it up. It works well with a local player, and for streaming from my NAS to a local player, but I am trying to find a way to make it stream from a NAS to a remote player.
I've installed MinimServer on my Synology NAS, and am testing it with BubbleUPnP and Ohnet configurations. A simple way to integrate this might be to add music files "on the fly" to the playlist.

However I have so far been unable to find the playlist for the MinimServer ...
Can anyone tell me where it is located, what it is called?

If anyone knows how to create a control point using Basic 4 Android I would also be really interested - I've made some progress with UPnP code but I find it is a little daunting!

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 18:27
RE: Can I add to a Playlist from my application?
(26-02-2015 17:34)GuyBooth Wrote:  I have had my own music search and selection system for many years which uses a naming convention for my music files that doesn't work well with any Control Point I have ever come across, but is so powerful that I am not willing to give it up. It works well with a local player, and for streaming from my NAS to a local player, but I am trying to find a way to make it stream from a NAS to a remote player.
I've installed MinimServer on my Synology NAS, and am testing it with BubbleUPnP and Ohnet configurations. A simple way to integrate this might be to add music files "on the fly" to the playlist.

However I have so far been unable to find the playlist for the MinimServer ...
Can anyone tell me where it is located, what it is called?

If anyone knows how to create a control point using Basic 4 Android I would also be really interested - I've made some progress with UPnP code but I find it is a little daunting!

Thanks

MinimServer allows you to create playlists in your library using .m3u files. To change these, you would need to use a file editor and do a MinimServer rescan.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to these playlists or to the "playing queue" of tracks queued up to be played. BubbleUPnP refers to this queue as the playlist, which is somewhat confusing. In a UPnP system, this queue is managed by the control point and/or renderer, not the server.
26-02-2015, 18:44
Thanks for your response Simon.
Hmmm ... I was thinking primarily of the "playing queue", and have been unable to locate that in the BubbleUPnP either.

However I did create an m3u playlist in my library with 3 files in it, using PlaylistCreator, but even though a text editor shows there are three entries in it when I look at it through BubbleUPnP on my android it is completely empty. Not sure why that is.

If I have to rescan each time I change the entries in the playlist though I doubt if it would be of any value to pursue that approach. I really need a way to be able to add a file (just using the full filename and path) to the "playing queue".
26-02-2015, 23:32
(26-02-2015 18:44)GuyBooth Wrote:  Thanks for your response Simon.
Hmmm ... I was thinking primarily of the "playing queue", and have been unable to locate that in the BubbleUPnP either.

However I did create an m3u playlist in my library with 3 files in it, using PlaylistCreator, but even though a text editor shows there are three entries in it when I look at it through BubbleUPnP on my android it is completely empty. Not sure why that is.

You should be able to find out why by checking the MinimServer log for error messages.

Quote:If I have to rescan each time I change the entries in the playlist though I doubt if it would be of any value to pursue that approach. I really need a way to be able to add a file (just using the full filename and path) to the "playing queue".

You could ask about this on the BubbleUPnP forum.