Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album artist starts with dot (.)
12-03-2015, 03:46 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 03:48 by Meffy.)
Album artist starts with dot (.)
Hello Simon, i have an album in my library ".38 Special - Anthology (2001)" and on bubbleupnp does not appear but it appears when i choose synology server. When i remove the dot (.) and leave as "38 Special - Anthology (2001)" then it appears. Very strange. Is it any reason why it does not appear with the dot? Or is there any special setting or command to force minimserver to send it to bubbleupnp as the original name namely with the dot?

Thanks in advance!
Meffy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 10:05 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 10:09 by simoncn.)
RE: Album artist starts with dot (.)
(12-03-2015 03:46)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon, i have an album in my library ".38 Special - Anthology (2001)" and on bubbleupnp does not appear but it appears when i choose synology server. When i remove the dot (.) and leave as "38 Special - Anthology (2001)" then it appears. Very strange. Is it any reason why it does not appear with the dot? Or is there any special setting or command to force minimserver to send it to bubbleupnp as the original name namely with the dot?

Thanks in advance!
Meffy!

I tried renaming one of my albums to this exact string (with the dot) and it is working fine for me with both BubbleUPnP and Kinsky.

Edit: On Linux, a file starting with a dot is "hidden" and won't be scanned by MinimServer. When you renamed the album, did you change the filename as well as the tags?

To make this work, you should make sure the filename of the album folder doesn't start with a dot. It's fine for the ALBUM tag value to start with a dot.
12-03-2015, 13:04 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 13:05 by Meffy.)
(12-03-2015 10:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:46)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon, i have an album in my library ".38 Special - Anthology (2001)" and on bubbleupnp does not appear but it appears when i choose synology server. When i remove the dot (.) and leave as "38 Special - Anthology (2001)" then it appears. Very strange. Is it any reason why it does not appear with the dot? Or is there any special setting or command to force minimserver to send it to bubbleupnp as the original name namely with the dot?

Thanks in advance!
Meffy!

To make this work, you should make sure the filename of the album folder doesn't start with a dot. It's fine for the ALBUM tag value to start with a dot.

Hello Simon and thanks for your quick reply, well.. i run this on windows and the album tag value is starts with dot,no problem there,only the album folder, when it starts with dot it doesn't show up,but as i said when i choose synology server instead of minmserver then it shows up on bubble with the dot.So i wonder why it doesnt appear with minim, it does appear only if i remove the dot, (album folder)
12-03-2015, 14:16
(12-03-2015 13:04)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and thanks for your quick reply, well.. i run this on windows and the album tag value is starts with dot,no problem there,only the album folder, when it starts with dot it doesn't show up,but as i said when i choose synology server instead of minmserver then it shows up on bubble with the dot.So i wonder why it doesnt appear with minim, it does appear only if i remove the dot, (album folder)

The dot in the folder name doesn't make any difference if MinimServer is running on Windows. It does make a difference if MinimServer is running on a Synology NAS, which is a Linux machine. The solution is to change the album folder name on the Synology so it doesn't start with a dot. You can still have a dot in the ALBUM tag.
12-03-2015, 22:28
(12-03-2015 14:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 13:04)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and thanks for your quick reply, well.. i run this on windows and the album tag value is starts with dot,no problem there,only the album folder, when it starts with dot it doesn't show up,but as i said when i choose synology server instead of minmserver then it shows up on bubble with the dot.So i wonder why it doesnt appear with minim, it does appear only if i remove the dot, (album folder)

The dot in the folder name doesn't make any difference if MinimServer is running on Windows. It does make a difference if MinimServer is running on a Synology NAS, which is a Linux machine. The solution is to change the album folder name on the Synology so it doesn't start with a dot. You can still have a dot in the ALBUM tag.

Ok. thanks Simon, i got you