Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
startupScan=full does quick scan
25-03-2015, 06:52
startupScan=full does quick scan
Post the latest update: MinimServer 0.8.3 (update 65) and MinimStreamer 0.5.12, it looks like startupScan ignores the "full" value and does a quick scan on startup (like "true"). Behaves this way on restart, as well as a manually triggered rescan.

FYI...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 10:27 (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 10:39 by simoncn.)
RE: startupScan=full does quick scan
(25-03-2015 06:52)krutsch Wrote:  Post the latest update: MinimServer 0.8.3 (update 65) and MinimStreamer 0.5.12, it looks like startupScan ignores the "full" value and does a quick scan on startup (like "true"). Behaves this way on restart, as well as a manually triggered rescan.

FYI...

I tried a manual Rescan with this setting and it is working correctly for me. What makes you think it isn't working?

If you do a Relaunch or Restart, there will not be a startup scan. This is by design and has not changed recently.
25-03-2015, 14:22
(25-03-2015 10:27)simoncn Wrote:  I tried a manual Rescan with this setting and it is working correctly for me. What makes you think it isn't working?

If you do a Relaunch or Restart, there will not be a startup scan. This is by design and has not changed recently.

It finishes very quickly, compared to the previous release. I have about 1/2 TB of FLAC files and a full rescan used to take some time (a minute, maybe?). Now, if I set startupScan to "full" and click on Rescan, it finishes in less than 2 seconds.

I turned on the Log and it *does* look like it's scanning the music folders; just an order of magnitude faster than it used to (a time frame similar to what it took when I had startupScan set to "true").
25-03-2015, 16:14
(25-03-2015 14:22)krutsch Wrote:  It finishes very quickly, compared to the previous release. I have about 1/2 TB of FLAC files and a full rescan used to take some time (a minute, maybe?). Now, if I set startupScan to "full" and click on Rescan, it finishes in less than 2 seconds.

I turned on the Log and it *does* look like it's scanning the music folders; just an order of magnitude faster than it used to (a time frame similar to what it took when I had startupScan set to "true").

The way to find out for sure is to set the logging level to Debug and do a manual Rescan. If the log says "reading audio file nnnnn" for all your files, this means it's doing a full rescan and rereading the files.
25-03-2015, 16:43 (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 16:45 by krutsch.)
(25-03-2015 16:14)simoncn Wrote:  The way to find out for sure is to set the logging level to Debug and do a manual Rescan. If the log says "reading audio file nnnnn" for all your files, this means it's doing a full rescan and rereading the files.

Thanks for the reply. I *did* look at the log and saw the "reading..." lines you mention above, so it looks OK. I didn't verify that everything was there.

Would you expect 13,000+ files to re-scan in roughly 2-3 seconds?

Files are on an external F/W 800 drive, so not real fast storage.

EDIT: also, I changed from ALAC back to FLAC (garbling issue with transcoded ALAC) and maybe FLAC tag reading is that much faster than ALAC?
25-03-2015, 16:59
(25-03-2015 16:43)krutsch Wrote:  Thanks for the reply. I *did* look at the log and saw the "reading..." lines you mention above, so it looks OK. I didn't verify that everything was there.

Would you expect 13,000+ files to re-scan in roughly 2-3 seconds?

Files are on an external F/W 800 drive, so not real fast storage.

EDIT: also, I changed from ALAC back to FLAC (garbling issue with transcoded ALAC) and maybe FLAC tag reading is that much faster than ALAC?

I am quite impressed that MinimServer is able to scan that fast! Smile

The ALAC file format is more complex than the FLAC file format, so I would expect scanning FLAC files to be quicker.