Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer displayed instead of Artist on playlist
03-08-2016, 16:31
Composer displayed instead of Artist on playlist
Hello All,

I have used MinimServer for quite some time on my Synology NAS and have recently upgraded my renderer to a Cambridge Audio CXN - sweet sweet sounds...

Anyway, I noticed a strange quirk; when I add a full album to the playlist of the CXN the "artist" display shows the "track composer" (on both the CXN and the controller app (Cambridge Connect or Bubble UPnP)).

This only happens when I select the whole album. When adding individual tracks from that album to the queue or to play now/next the artist is displayed correctly.

It must be something to do with MinimServer as when I add the same album using the Synology Media Server the artist is displayed correctly.

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea where the issue may lie?

Many thanks
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 18:18
RE: Composer displayed instead of Artist on playlist
In the MinimServer tagCustom property, do you have Composer.displayRole={artist}? If so, try removing this and restarting MinimServer.
03-08-2016, 20:18
(03-08-2016 18:18)simoncn Wrote:  In the MinimServer tagCustom property, do you have Composer.displayRole={artist}? If so, try removing this and restarting MinimServer.

Genius! Worked like a charm.

Keep up the great work.
Many thanks,
John
06-08-2016, 18:14
Thanks for confirming this. It is happening because the control point misreads the XML tag sent by MinimServer containing composer information and treats it as containing artist information. If you remove the tagCustom displayRole setting, no composer information is sent to the control point.