Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim now won't start
06-01-2017, 20:22
RE: Minim now won't start
(06-01-2017 10:51)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like you are running MinimServer and MinimWatch on the same PC. There is no need to do this and I suggest you uninstall MinimWatch. The only reason to have MinimWatch installed is to control MinimServer when MinimServer is running on a different machine.

Every day's a school day. I run both MinimServer and MinimWatch on my PC without problems, but that's because I have another instance of MinimServer on the NAS. I hadn't realised that, in the OP's configuration (where MinimWatch, as you say, is not needed), there could be issues.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 20:48
RE: Minim now won't start
(06-01-2017 20:22)DavidHB Wrote:  Every day's a school day. I run both MinimServer and MinimWatch on my PC without problems, but that's because I have another instance of MinimServer on the NAS. I hadn't realised that, in the OP's configuration (where MinimWatch, as you say, is not needed), there could be issues.

David

Ther are no specific issues with this but when things are not working correctly, I think it is helpful to have the simplest possible setup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply