Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New integrity check for minimserver.config file
02-11-2017, 18:50
New integrity check for minimserver.config file
MinimServer update 105 (released today) performs an integrity check on the minimserver.config file when MinimServer starts. If the user has edited this file in a text editor, MinimServer will detect this as an integrity violation and will refuse to start. To make changes to MinimServer properties, you must either use MinimWatch or use the 'prop' console command.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 19:21 (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 19:22 by goforit.)
RE: New integrity check for minimserver.config file
(02-11-2017 18:50)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer update 105 (released today) performs an integrity check on the minimserver.config file when MinimServer starts.

I had to restore my Synology NAS, so installed MinimServer fresh from file MinimServer-0.8.4.2-armv5.spk for DS212j. While starting MinimServer the first time, its log states

Integrity check failed for file minimserver.config
MinimServer failure: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'

Even after trying to edit the config via MinimWatch the check gives the same result. How to proceed?
11-11-2017, 23:14 (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 23:16 by goforit.)
Found the reason: After restoring all files from a backup DS, I found this data on my DS212j:

root@DiskStation:/volume1/MinimServer/appData# ls -al minimserver.config*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1008 Nov 11 17:07 minimserver.config
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 5 17:50 minimserver.config.lock

As the date of the lock-file did not correspond to the config one, and its save to delete the minimserver.config itself - then reconstruction to default values happens - I stopped MinimServer, deleted both files, started MinimServer again and voila:

root@DiskStation:/volume1/MinimServer/appData# ls -al minimserver.config*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 753 Nov 11 23:07 minimserver.config
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 11 23:07 minimserver.config.lock

Then I set the contentDir value to /volume1/music with "Properties" in MinimWatch and MinimServer is running well again.
12-11-2017, 08:50
It should be possible to restore the .config file from a backup and I don't know why that didn't work. Recreating the .config file is always a solution but this causes any previous custom settings to be lost.
13-11-2017, 12:04
I have identified the reason for this error following a reinstallation of MinimServer. The problem should now be fixed in MinimServer update 107.
13-11-2017, 13:44 (This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 14:15 by Ho5457.)
(02-11-2017 18:50)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer update 105 (released today) performs an integrity check on the minimserver.config file when MinimServer starts. If the user has edited this file in a text editor, MinimServer will detect this as an integrity violation and will refuse to start. To make changes to MinimServer properties, you must either use MinimWatch or use the 'prop' console command.

Hi. Getting the same error message (integrity check failed for file minimsever.config) and red logo today (was fine previously). This is only affecting one of my two partitions (server 2016 GUI). The W.10 partition seems to be fine this morning. Don't think I've ever edited the config file though.

What exactly should I do with minimwatch (from laptop) to edit mimimserver properties on the audio pc? Thanks..
13-11-2017, 14:32
PM sent.
13-11-2017, 19:56
Simon,

I'm experiencing the same issue as above.

I note the last few updates to Minimserver/Stream/Watch have been "automatically" applied. (I'm sure that I used to be offered them as an option - not sure what has changed?).

Minimwatch was greyed out when I brought the PC up earlier today (similar to the other thread currently running, I had only the Minimwatch options available, none for Minimserver).

Currently, Minimserver does not appear to be running, and I am getting the "integrity Check failed" message.

I believe all my changes have been made through Minimwatch, and all was well before the weekend.

(I've backed out the latest changes - which made no difference, so I have re-installed them).
13-11-2017, 22:07
Please attach your minimserver.config and minimserver.log files to a post here. Many thanks.
13-11-2017, 23:18
(13-11-2017 22:07)simoncn Wrote:  Please attach your minimserver.config and minimserver.log files to a post here. Many thanks.

Reverted to the "Support" forum to keep everything in one thread - attachments there.