Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim server stopped working
13-11-2017, 22:58
RE: Minim server stopped working
Same issue here...
Minimwatch showing a red icon

I'm sure I didn't edit minimserver.config - I don't even know where to find that file Wink

BY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2017, 00:09
I have released a new update 108 that disables the integrity check for now. The problem was caused by an error in update 107 that didn't handle migration from update 106 to 107 correctly.

Anyone who has a red minim icon showing this error message should manually update from update 107 to update 108 by doing the following:

1) From the red minim icon, select Properties

2) From the Properties window, select the Packages tab

3) In the 'Available packages' field, select minimserver-0.8-update-108

4) Click Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation

5) When the installation has completed successfully, click the Relaunch button

This will launch MinimServer update 108 with no red icon or error message.

My apologies for the inconvenience that this problem has caused.
14-11-2017, 00:33
Speaking for myself, I think such a rapid provision of a work-round represents a fabulous level of service. I was alarmed at the red icon, but now the house resounds again!

Collaterally, the temporary unavailability of MinimServer drove me to push 192k WMA files through my system. Quite dreadful, relative to FLAC.

Thanks, Simon.

Fraser
14-11-2017, 00:44
Many thanks Simon - all good here.

I was a little nervous re the Melco as I think I had to manually edit that file once to cease Twonky or something or other but 108 went through without a hitch. thanks
14-11-2017, 00:52 (This post was last modified: 14-11-2017 00:52 by Wickie8166.)
Thank you Simon,

great Job! I just can imagine your adrenaline level ;-)

Everything is working fine again.

Cheers Frank
14-11-2017, 08:42
Back "on air".

Thanks Simon.
14-11-2017, 10:11
Not sure how the above work-round helps me. I have Minim Server installed on my Synology NAS and control playback from the Lumin app on my iPad. I cannot see a red Minim icon anywhere.
14-11-2017, 10:15
all is well again, thanks
14-11-2017, 11:17
(14-11-2017 10:11)str-1 Wrote:  Not sure how the above work-round helps me. I have Minim Server installed on my Synology NAS and control playback from the Lumin app on my iPad. I cannot see a red Minim icon anywhere.

To see the red icon, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer as described in this section.

As you haven't installed MinimWatch, you must be using the MinimServer default settings. In this case, you can uninstall MinimServer from the Synology Package Center and select the option to remove MinimServer completely (not backup the configuration file). After reinstalling MinimServer and setting the content directory, everything should be working again.
14-11-2017, 11:23
(14-11-2017 00:44)Martin H Wrote:  Many thanks Simon - all good here.

I was a little nervous re the Melco as I think I had to manually edit that file once to cease Twonky or something or other but 108 went through without a hitch. thanks

The file you edited to stop Twonky was a different file (minimserver.options). With the newest Melco firmware (3.70 or 3.71B), it is no longer necessary to edit this file because there is a way to stop Twonky using the front panel menus.