Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here and Need Help.
12-04-2019, 14:46 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 14:58 by tophatjohnny1.)
RE: New Here and Need Help.
I'm working on it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2019, 14:50
Getting files onto your DiskStation can be done via various methods. How did you upload files onto the DiskStation until now?

Access to your files, that depend how you set up your Synology DiskStation. Your files reside there and are accessibly for every user of your DiskStation.

Kind regards
steamfan
12-04-2019, 16:19
(12-04-2019 14:43)steamfan Wrote:  Sounds great that you got MinimServer installed.

Now you need to install MinimWatch to be able to configure MinimServer. Just follow the instructions from Simons (see post #4): "You should also install MinimWatch on your Windows 10 laptop, as described on this page".

After you have done that you need to configure MinimServer (aka "tell MinimServer where to find your audio files"), maybe a starting point is here.

The DS Audio app does not recognize MinimServer. For controlling you Cambridge Audio 851N you should be able to use the "CA Connect" app.
Unable to drag my library from the Synology to MinimServer as it states it is too large when I click on music. My files are all seen on my laptop but not on the synology site. Don't think this will work for me until I figure out how to catorgorize files on the synology program. Huge library!!! Gets bigger weekly
12-04-2019, 16:21
Okay, two questions:

(1) How big is your music library (in GB or TB)?
(2) How big are your hard drives in your Synology DiskStation?

Kind regards
steamfan
12-04-2019, 20:58
(12-04-2019 16:19)tophatjohnny Wrote:  Unable to drag my library from the Synology to MinimServer as it states it is too large when I click on music. My files are all seen on my laptop but not on the synology site. Don't think this will work for me until I figure out how to catorgorize files on the synology program. Huge library!!! Gets bigger weekly

You don't need to drag anything. Just leave the files where they are on the NAS and tell MinimServer where to find the files by setting the content directory as described on this page.
16-04-2019, 18:54
Hi guys, I am new to minimserver/MinimStreamer. Everything works flawlessly as far as transcoding on the fly and streaming music file to my receiver goes. My dilemma is that I cannot get minim to display my music file by genres. I am using Heos as a control app to stream to a marantz AVR. The main menu within the heos app shows artist, album, tracks, folders, and genres. Every one of the folders listed has sub folders and file info within them, except for Genres, it is always empty.
Is there something I can do to make my music display by genre. May there is some command I should change? Please help!

My files are tagged with all info including genre
I didn’t make any change to minim I use the factory default settings.
16-04-2019, 22:31
Please post a screenshot of the main menu in the HEOS app.
18-04-2019, 06:20
(16-04-2019 22:31)simoncn Wrote:  Please post a screenshot of the main menu in the HEOS app.

Please take a look at the attachments below. Every folder works well except for genre it’s empty.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18-04-2019, 08:59
Thanks for this. It looks the HEOS app is unable to read Genre information that should be present in the metadata that MinimServer is sending.

What format are your files (e.g. MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV) and which tagging program have you used to check that the genres are tagged correctly? Also, what are the values of the aliasTags, indexTags and itemTags properties in your MinimServer configuration?
18-04-2019, 19:19
(18-04-2019 08:59)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. It looks the HEOS app is unable to read Genre information that should be present in the metadata that MinimServer is sending.

What format are your files (e.g. MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV) and which tagging program have you used to check that the genres are tagged correctly? Also, what are the values of the aliasTags, indexTags and itemTags properties in your MinimServer configuration?

I am using flac transcoded on the fly to Wav. I used mp3 tag editor to check that the genres are tagged properly.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)