Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browsing booklets in Control Point
05-10-2023, 13:38
Browsing booklets in Control Point
Hi guys,

I searched and read through a few threads but I'm not sure any of them directly answered my question.

I have some albums with booklet.pdf in the same dir as my music files. /artist/album/*.files or /artist/album/some_other_folder/*.files for example.

However, I can't seem to access the booklets from my control point... clicking 'info' to browse meta data at either the album or track level doesn't seem to provide a booklet/info file location, though it does show a url for the file and/or artwork where appropriate.

I'm currently using the free version of minimserver and the Linn Kazoo and Linn apps. I don't have an android device for bubble DS to hand anymore.

Are there extra steps I may need to complete?
Is booklet info a licence only feature?
Or is this just a limitation with the Linn software?

I really like reading booklets while I listen sometimes, it would be great to get these working on my control device and potentially start scanning them in!

Thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2023, 14:05 (This post was last modified: 05-10-2023 14:08 by stefano_mbp.)
RE: Browsing booklets in Control Point
The only iOS app that can let you read pdf booklets is JPlay for iOS (year subscription, 30 days trial from App Store), anyway you need the Full Minimserver license (or trial period) to configure it in itemFormat as:
Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">booklet</a>$comment}

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-10-2023, 14:09
(05-10-2023 14:05)stefano_mbp Wrote:  The only iOS app that can let you read pdf booklets is JPlay for iOS (year subscription, 30 days trial from App Store), anyway you need the Full Minimserver license (or trial period) to configure it in itemFormat as:
Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">booklet</a>$comment}

Thanks Stefano,

I’ll give that a try later this afternoon and update the thread with how I get on.
05-10-2023, 18:23
Cool - so I've amended the tagFormat as described above and added an itemTag of Comment. I'm guessing a should now have a 'booklet' meta data item after adding the above for items where I have a booklet.pdf in the same directory.

I'll have a look at the j play app potentially.

I like that I have a recently added albums menu after starting the minimserver trial - I can see that being helpful!

Thanks for the help.