Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative to Linn Kazoo to control Goodmans Module Wifi audio adapters
09-10-2023, 15:05
Alternative to Linn Kazoo to control Goodmans Module Wifi audio adapters
Hello, I've been using the MinimServer successfully for a number of years using Linn Kazoo for Mac to control Goodmans Module WiFi adapters. However, since moving house and changing WiFi router I cannot get Kazoo to find any of my Goodmans Modules. The latter and the MinimServer are working perfectly well when accessed via my Iphone app.

I've tried deleting and then reinstalling Kazoo, but with no success - it simply gets stuck waiting for "rooms". So, I'm looking for some alternative way of streaming to the Goodmans Modules from my old iMac. Any help appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2023, 15:51
RE: Alternative to Linn Kazoo to control Goodmans Module Wifi audio adapters
Have you joined them again with your new Wi-Fi network (as you changed your router) ?
09-10-2023, 15:52
(09-10-2023 15:51)stefano_mbp Wrote:  Have you joined them again with your new Wi-Fi network (as you changed your router) ?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they're paired with the router and, as I say, I can play music from the MinimServer via a phone app.
09-10-2023, 16:08
Can’t you select any “room” in Kazoo (click in the center of the upper Kazoo window)? You should see a list of available “rooms”
09-10-2023, 16:13
… where Minimserver is running on? The same Mac?
09-10-2023, 16:15
Kazoo simply shows "waiting for rooms" and clicking on the rooms 'tab' shows no rooms - even though they are available and showing on my phone app as well as on the wifi router list of connected devices.

On the Kazoo settings window it shows an ip address as 192.168.1.0 - this isn't labelled so I'm not sure what this is, but the router address is 192.168.1.1 . Kazoo is certainly connected to the MinimServer, it's just the wifi audio adapters it can't see.
09-10-2023, 16:16
(09-10-2023 16:13)stefano_mbp Wrote:  … where Minimserver is running on? The same Mac?

Yes, MinimServer is running on the same Mac. As I say above, Kazoo doesn't have a problem seeing the server.
09-10-2023, 16:22 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2023 16:27 by stefano_mbp.)
192.168.1.0 is just the subnet as the router address is 192.168.1.1
Are Goodman Modules addresses in the range 192.168.1.2/192.168.1.255 ?
… and is the MAC address in the same range?
09-10-2023, 17:40
Linn Kazoo can only recognize OpenHome renderers as rooms. If your Goodmans modules are "classic" UPnP/DLNA, you need to install and configure BubbleUPnP Server to make them visible on your network as OpenHome rooms. It is likely that your phone app is able to see the Goodmans modules because it supports playing to UPnP/DLNA renderers. It sounds like your IP address configuration is OK.