Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docker installation with ffmpg ?
05-11-2023, 11:08
Docker installation with ffmpg ?
I have the latest version of Minimserver/Minimstreamer installed in a Docker container on Linux which works fine. I would like to try transcoding for which I understand I need ffmpeg/avconv installed. I have downloaded and extracted the static version of ffmpeg as detailed in the Minimserver installation instructions. These instructions go on to say that the executable should be copied to <minim-home>/minimserver/opt/bin - where is this path within the Docker container ? From inside the container (via Portainer) I have /opt/minimserver/opt/bin which is currently empty. Is this the right location/path or should I being doing something different?

Many thanks

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2023, 16:48
RE: Docker installation with ffmpg ?
Yes, this is the correct path.
05-11-2023, 17:20
Simon

Thanks for this confirmation. After copying the ffmpeg executable to this location AND restarting the Docker container in Portainer, I now seem to have ffmpeg enabled in System / stream.converter. Now to experiment.

Thanks

Chris
05-11-2023, 17:46
As an alternative to restarting the container, it should have been sufficient to restart MinimServer using MinimWatch. I will update the ffmpeg installation instructions to clarify this.