Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genre Tags in playback
17-11-2023, 19:42
Genre Tags in playback
Is there any way to get rid of the display of genre tags in the "now-playing" view? An entry in the tagFormat property peerhaps?

I'm using Bubble UPnP as my control, Synology NAS DSM 7.2

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2023, 22:27 (This post was last modified: 17-11-2023 22:31 by simoncn.)
RE: Genre Tags in playback
Genre information is sent automatically by MinimServer to the control point along with other tagged information defined as standard metadata in the UPnP specification such as Artist, Date and Album. It is up to the control point to decide which of this information to display and how to display it.

The tagFormat property is useful for displaying information that your control point has chosen not to display or isn't included in the standard metadata defined in the UPnP specification. It can't be used to remove standard information that the control point has chosen to display.

If you want to completely remove Genre information everywhere (in the control point and also from the MinimServer browsing index), you can set the aliasTags property to Genre:nil.
18-11-2023, 15:40
Thanks for the answer, Simon.
18-11-2023, 15:47
I have been thinking some more about this. It would be possible for me to add a new MinimServer option to remove genre information from the metadata information sent to the control point without removing it from the MinimServer browsing index. I will try this with BubbleUPnP and let you know what happens.
18-11-2023, 20:59
(18-11-2023 15:47)simoncn Wrote:  I have been thinking some more about this. It would be possible for me to add a new MinimServer option to remove genre information from the metadata information sent to the control point without removing it from the MinimServer browsing index. I will try this with BubbleUPnP and let you know what happens.

Oooh, that would be really swell!!! Thanks so much for even considering it!
11-12-2023, 19:13
This change is now available in MinimServer update 246, just released. To do what you want, set the tagFormat property to this:

Genre.displayFormat={}