Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing Source Inputs on marantz NR1711 on a Linn DS
20-11-2023, 17:36
Playing Source Inputs on marantz NR1711 on a Linn DS
Hi,

this may well be nominee for dumbest question of the year - so apologies in advance. Also may not be the best place to put this question.

I have a multiroom Linn setup (Majik DS and Sneaky DSs). I use Minimserver2 and Minimstreamer.

I have noticed on the control point (Linn Kazoo) that as well as the QNAP NAS that there is the Marantz NR1711 listed as a server. Selecting that, shows all the inputs on the amplifier including ones I've renamed (TiVO, Apple TV, Phono etc.)

Selecting those on my Sneaky does not result in any sound from the Linn DS - even when that input is known to have a working signal.

Now I'm not quite what the problem is, including the posibility that I've compeltely misunderstood the capability of teh device.

So a few questions (some of which should probably be aimed at Marantz).

* Can the NR1711 actualy stream an input (phono for example) to another room using a Linn DS as the renderer?
* Do I need to get Minimstreamer to work its magic on that stream? - If so how?

The idea of being able to play records in one room, and listen in the other is most appealing.

As I say - maybe a bunch of dumb questions from an over sixty who thought he was technogically savvy, but clearly out his depth.

KR

Jeremy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2023, 18:44
RE: Playing Source Inputs on marantz NR1711 on a Linn DS
I can answer one of your questions. For the scenario you describe, having MinimStreamer enabled will not make any difference.
21-11-2023, 10:37
RE: Playing Source Inputs on marantz NR1711 on a Linn DS
(20-11-2023 18:44)simoncn Wrote:  I can answer one of your questions. For the scenario you describe, having MinimStreamer enabled will not make any difference.

Thank you Simon.